Weight Loss: Type 2 Diabetes and weight loss
by steve stamos
a weight loss plan and in a manner as the above it only leads you to believe that no matter what you try you can not loose weight and keep it off.
Type 2 diabetes has long been linked with factors such as overweight, physical inactivity, and incorrect dietary habits. It is therefore important to think through how you will deal with diet and weight loss problems. Having a plan will help you.
You can start by finding out, using a tailors tape, the length of your waist circumference. Did you know that being an apple shape — more fat around your middle than around your hips it puts you at greater risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease? When the circumference of your waist measures the same or bigger than the numbers below then you have too much weight around your waist.
Men: 40 inches
Women: 35 inches
Loosing weight will help you to prevent or take care of your diabetes. Being an overweight or obese person you have a higher risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Here is another way to check out if your weight is healthy. Healthy weight is measured by your body mass index (BMI). A BMI of 25 or more is considered overweight. A BMI of 30 or more is obese. Additionally, High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes often go hand-in-hand. More than 40% percent of people with diabetes is reported to have high blood pressure, which could lead to stroke.
* Have an exercise program
* Learn about how much you should eat to meet your body’s needs.
* Get information on what is healthy eating and how to apply it in your life.
* Stock your pantry and refrigerator with healthier foods. If you have plenty of fruits and vegetables, it will make it easier for you to eat them.
* Keep the fatty foods to a minimum and those tempting items out of the house.
* You need to feel full to have long term success. Fewer calories don’t mean you have to face an empty plate. Eat soups, salads, lean meat, fish and fruit to fill up.
* Think about the healthier and more satisfying options. However, you should enjoy a restaurant meal now and then and sometimes it is OK to grab a fast food meal.
visit my other sites
Tags: Uncategorized, weight loss